[Beowulf] Re: recommendation on crash cart for a cluster room:fullcluster KVM is not an option I suppose?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 17:14:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Mark Hahn <hahn at mcmaster.ca> wrote:
>> A node on a pallet waiting for you do upgrade firmware is absolutely
>> worthless.  1000 of them even more so.
>
> I'm not sure why you keep going on about bios updates.  they're easy and
> automatable, so not a real issue for clusters.  no offense!

Sorry, I just went off on a tangent when I was thinking about "what
the service engineers ask" comment from "Buccaneer for Hire". I agree
they aren't that important of a topic. Not even sure they are very
necessary.

On the other hand, thanks for your comments, I did not realize they
were automable and relatively risk free.

 --
Rahul