[Beowulf] Re: recommendation on crash cart for a cluster room:fullcluster KVM is not an option I suppose?

David N. Lombard dnlombar at ichips.intel.com
Fri Oct 9 14:39:47 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 10:50:46AM -0700, Buccaneer for Hire. wrote:
> The first thing they ask for, when you call the vendor, is for an asset
> tag or serial number. We keep it in the DB so I can always
> verify it. It is even better when the vendor makes is easier to get
> it through dmidecode.

Just be aware that dmidecode output varies considerably in quality and
quantity.  You may found the info you need in fixed locations, but it
may also vary over time and vendor.  Use it when it works, but don't be
surprised if it doesn't work as well as you would hope.

--
David N. Lombard, Intel, Irvine, CA
I do not speak for Intel Corporation; all comments are strictly my own.