[Beowulf] Re: recommendation on crash cart for a cluster room:fullcluster KVM is not an option I suppose?

Buccaneer for Hire. buccaneer at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 9 14:00:58 EDT 2009

--- On Fri, 10/9/09, Rahul Nabar <rpnabar at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's a simple but efficient idea! Why did I not think of
> sending my vendor a spreadsheet before! :)
>
> Maybe I ought to automate service-tag collection as well!

Our relationship with our vendors should not be adversarial.  A vendor should be part of your support system.  IF your vendor refuses to give you the support you need, then you need a new vendor.  Unless you like pain.

I am a stickler for keeping track of things. And as I get older I don't want it to be my brain. We sometimes have mini-clusters that are not in the cluster room, and I build an id tag for these nodes so we know who is responsible for them.  Someone is always holding the bag for these puppies.