[Beowulf] RAID for home beowulf

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Oct 5 08:45:23 EDT 2009

On 5 Oct 2009, at 11:02 am, Tomislav Maric wrote:

> OK, I guess then Ubuntu will suffice for a 12 node Cluster. :) Anyway,
> I'll try it and see. Thanks!

We run Debian on our clusters, so you're definitely not the only
person using a Debian-based distro for your cluster.

Debian does have a kickstart-like deployment mechanism, debconf
preseeding, but it's fiendish to debug.  I use FAI instead (Fully
Automated Install) but that's broken with recent Ubuntu releases,