[Beowulf] UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) for the BIOS

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:47:42 EST 2009

Has anyone tried out UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in
the BIOS? The new servers I am buying come with this option in the
BIOS. Out of curiosity I googled it up.

I am not sure if there were any HPC implications of this and wanted to
double check before I switched to this from my conventional
plain-vanilla BIOS. Any sort of "industry standard" always sounds good
but I thought it safer to check on the group first....

Any advice or pitfalls?