[Beowulf] Finally, a solution for the 64 core 4TB RAM market

Franz Marini franz.marini at mi.infn.it
Thu May 28 16:51:50 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 15:04 -0400, Mark Hahn wrote:
> > Given that JuRoPa (the new cluster at the Juelich Supercomputing Centre
> > (JSC) : http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/juropa ) is scheduled to be in
> > production by the end of June, I would say that is more than probable
> > that at least for selected (read: really high profile) customers
> > Nehalem-EX (and in particular the X5570 model) are already available
>
> that's nehalem-ep, not -ex.
> http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/juropa/configuration/

Whoops. My fault. That's what happen when you try to be smart while being really tired after a long day ;)

Sorry, please everyone disregard my comments :)

F.

Franz Marini
Prof. R. A. Broglia Theoretical Physics of Nuclei,
      Atomic Clusters and Proteins Research Group
Dept. of Physics, University of Milan, Italy.
web   : http://merlino.mi.infn.it/proteins/
email : franz.marini at mi.infn.it
phone : +39 02 50317226