[Beowulf] recommendations for cluster upgrades

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Tue May 19 14:23:57 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Nifty Tom Mitchell
<niftyompi at niftyegg.com> wrote:
> Other compiler vendors have their tools and tricks too....  By working
> with multiple compilers and taking advantage of the strengths of each
> compiler important portability and correctness code improvements are
> possible.

Thanks Tom. Those are important leads for sure. I'll look into those
flags and pathopt.

>compiler flag appears to result in a bad (different) answer.

That has always stumped me. Compilers can lead to slow or fast code
but how can they compile to "wrong" code. To me this always seemed
like a compiler design flaw.

--
Rahul