[Beowulf] Should I go for diskless or not?

Dr Cool Santa drcoolsanta at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:34:50 EDT 2009

I have a cluster of identical computers. We are planning to add more nodes
later. I was thinking whether I should go the diskless nodes way or not?
Diskless nodes seems as a really exciting, interesting and good option,
however when I did it I needed to troubleshoot a lot. I did fix it up, but I
had to redo the filesystem, but the past experiences didn't make much of a
difference. I still need to fix up everything, I kinda need your help to
Also, performance wise, I was thinking that diskless is not a good option,
and since performance matters . . .
Can somebody outline the pros and cons of each or just give me thier