[Beowulf] recommendations for cluster upgrades

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:20:03 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Greg Keller <Greg at keller.net> wrote:
> Nehalem is a huge step forward for Memory Bandwidth hogs.  We have one code
> that is extremely memory bandwidth sensitive that i

Thanks Greg. A somewhat naiive question I suspect.

What's the best way to test the "memory bandwidth sensitivity" of my
code? Given the fact that I have only the AMD Opterons available
currently. Any active / passive tests that  can throw some metrics out
at me?

I don't think our codes have been very well profiled in the past and
this might be the first time we are approaching this process so