[Beowulf] job runs with mpirun on a node but not if submitted via Torque.

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:05:40 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Don Holmgren <djholm at fnal.gov> wrote:
> Instead of logging into the node directly, you might want to try an
> interactive
> job (use "qsub -I") and then try your mpirun.  This may give you messages
> that
> for some reason aren't getting back to you in your job's .o or .e files.

I tried an interactive job; this seems the key:

forrtl: error (78): process killed (SIGTERM)
mpirun noticed that job rank 5 with PID 10580 on node node17 exited on
signal 11 (Segmentation fault).

I do not get this segfault when I run directly on the node but only
when I run via Torque.

Any clues?

--
Rahul