[Beowulf] X5500

Bill Broadley bill at cse.ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 31 14:24:22 EDT 2009

www.siliconmechanics.com has system pricing, I'm sure there are tons of others.

> I didn't see prices on pricegrabber, for example.
> Is there some price information available ?

If you want parts, newegg has some, the E5520 is $379.99.

The S7010 tyan (dual socket nehalem server motherboard) is $389.99.

I have to say that I'm surprised at the number of Nehalem chips released
(around 11 for dual sockets) and the pricing seems surprisingly low for a new
release.