[Beowulf] GPU diagnostics?

M J Harvey m.j.harvey at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 12:05:19 EDT 2009

David Mathog wrote:
> Have any of you CUDA folks produced diagnostic programs you run during
> "burn in" of new GPU based systems, in order to weed out problem units
> before putting them into service?

A while ago I wrote a CUDA implementation of a subset of the Memtest86+
algorithms,to test the reliability of the consumer GPUs used by our
distributed computing project, GPUGRID. You can get them here:

That said, we never really used it in anger (most of the stability
problems we were having turned out to be due to 'factory-overclocked'
GPUs) so YMMV.

Matt Harvey                     Email: m.j.harvey at imperial.ac.uk
HPC Systems Support Analyst
Imperial College London