[Beowulf] mvapich2 does not run successfully mpi1 application

gossips J polk678 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:28:17 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

I am a student and want to know about mvapich2-1.2p1.

It does not run my MPI1 application successfully. Basically it stuck
somewhere in middle of execution.

I am running this for 80 processes. I figured out that if i do set "on
demand threshold" environment settings to anything above 80 it works fine
with out any issues.

Basically what is causing this behavior?
Why test gets stuck up at some point?
How to debug this???

If anybody can provide some insight on how to handle this with mvapich2 than
it would be great.

Looking for help,

Thanks  in advance,
Polk J.