[Beowulf] user stats on clusters

Kilian CAVALOTTI kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:50:48 EST 2009

Hi Gerry,

On Friday 27 February 2009 22:41:11 Gerry Creager wrote:
> A general question: What're folks using for stats, including queue wait,
> execution times, hours/month?  Any suggestions?

We use LSF reporting tools, which are a bit raw, but do their job just fine.
For the users and PIs, I wrote web wrapper to present usage statistics and
usage reports (for billing purposes) in a more user-friendly manner. Most
features are decribed here : https://biox2.stanford.edu/doc/wiki/WebProfile

Due to the specificity of the environment and of our requirements, I never
bothered making this tool usable outside of our cluster, but that's probably
something which can be done in a reasonnable amount of time.

Other than that, Platform has a nice monitoring tool for clusters using LSF,
which is scheduler-centric, and based on the open-source Cacti. It's called
RTM, and is really helpful for both admins and users. See