[Beowulf] Re: typical latencies for gigabit ethernet

Patrick Geoffray patrick at myri.com
Mon Jun 29 18:20:40 EDT 2009

Dave Love wrote:
> That's something I haven't seen.  However, I'm only using rx-frames=1
> because simply adjusting rx-usec doesn't behave as expected.

Instead of rx-usecs being the time between interrupts, it is sometimes
implemented as the delay between the the first packet and the following
interrupt, which is obviously wrong.

rx-frames may generate an interrupt storm if you receive a stream of
small packets. You may want to measure how many interrupts per second
are produced in this case, compared to using rx-usecs.

Patrick