[Beowulf] Re: Erlang Usage

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Sun Jun 28 07:30:36 EDT 2009

"Douglas Eadline" <deadline at eadline.org> writes:

> As far as HPC, Erlang is interpreted although it can be "compiled"

Surely it's normally compiled, whether to byte code or not.

Although you don't want to be doing serious numerical work in it
directly, I guess there's nothing fundamental to prevent it being
compiled as well as Lisp for numerics.  [Maybe Termite, which has a
similar model, can do better as it's based on one of the best Scheme
compilers.]

> and it does not directly support the idea of an array.

Well, there is a (functional) array module.