[Beowulf] noobs: what comes next?

Tomislav Maric tomislav.maric at gmx.com
Wed Jun 24 06:02:40 EDT 2009

Jon Tegner wrote:

> using overlapping grids. Complete with gridgenerator and a bunch of
> solvers. Excellent software!
>
> /jon

I'll certainly take a look at it, but from what I've read on the main
page, it uses structured and curvilinear grids, while OF also supports
polyhedral finite volumes and unstructured grids that are better suited
for meshing complex geometries. I'm still a graduate student, but that
doesn't stop me from being amazed by its capabilities. If You are
interested, take a look at:

http://powerlab.fsb.hr/ped/kturbo/OpenFOAM/

there's tons of documentation (PhDs, articles from scientific journals,
movies, etc.) in that repo, and if You wish, I can send You the release
notes for the -dev version - it's worth taking a look at, because of the
numerous solvers and utilities listed in one place.

Best regards,
Tomislav