Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Thu Jun 18 17:41:36 EDT 2009

I noticed that the cray XT machines are setting an environment
variable  'PGI_POST_COMPILE_OPTS'  to -tp barcelona-64

Is this a cray specific thing?  the -tp flag is a normal pgi compiler
option, I want to know if I can use this variable to set options for
specific people (module files),  and not make a change global in

I can't find it documented any place, other than the cray module
files, and I can't find its value any place looking on NICS Kraken,
any input would be great to know if I can use this option or not.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu