[Beowulf] Problems with nvidia driver

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 2 04:14:36 EDT 2009

2009/5/26 Francesco Pietra <francesco.pietra at accademialucchese.it>:
> Hi
> Is it 3D feasible with NV11DDR (GeForce2 MX200 rev b2) cip and 32bit
> linux (debian i386)? I met failure by doing

You would be much better asking for support from Nvidia directly, or
on the Nvidia forums www.nvnews.net

I do not use Debian, so cannot help you directly.
However, I have recently been configuring Nvidia cards quite a lot,
with the latest drivers. It always takes some time to get it right.
Recently I had the FX 5800 card on test (nice!).
My advice is that if you have a very, very recent card then load the
beta drivers from the Nvidia site, and run the script to build the

If you have less than a very, very recent card the SuSE linux has a
superb one-click intstall.
Jsut click on the install links on this page:  http://en.opensuse.org/NVIDIA
the Nvidia repositories are added to your system. Top marks to SuSE
for that one.