[Beowulf] Re: Odd AMD quad core SuperMicro power off issues

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Jul 7 01:37:46 EDT 2009

----- "Gerry Creager" <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:

> I'm having some interesting problems, too.  I suspect I've now gotto
> get AMD involved but the system manufacturer and VAR have spent weeks
> looking at this and had no success I can tell so far.

Yeah, our vendor has just got a phone conference set
up with them and AMD tomorrow morning about this.

I had some hints off list about memory issues, but
we pulled half the RAM from each socket, dropped the
G03 job down to just use 15872MB rather than 31GB and
it still killed the node, just took a little bit longer
than before.

cheers,
Chris