[Beowulf] interconnect and compiler ?

Håkon Bugge hbugge at platform.com
Thu Jan 29 10:59:59 EST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 14:16 , Toon Knapen wrote:
> Next, could anyone point me to recent benchmarks of the pathscale
> and icc compiler vs. gcc ?

I have data for the 13 applications constituting the SPEC MPIM2007 (http://www.spec.org/mpi2007
) suite, using PathScale 3.0, 3.1, Intel 9.1, and 10.1. This on the
same hardware and software configuration.

Most of these results have been reviewed and published by SPEC, but
some of them have been marked Non Compliant due to use of an (from
SPEC's perspective) illegal command line switch.

I can supply the data to anyone interested, under the terms that they
are considered an estimate, as per SPEC MPI2007 Run and Reporting rules.

Thanks, Håkon