[Beowulf] interconnect and compiler ?

Toon Knapen toon.knapen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 08:16:38 EST 2009

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if I can find a complete list of all high BW, low
latency networks and vendors somewhere. I know myricom, quadrics and the
various infiniband vendors like melanox, verari, voltaire and Qlogic.
Are these the main players?

BTW, as for the adaptors, does it make a big difference if they are on a
hypertransport or PCI express (because I might be constrained to Xeon's)?

Next, could anyone point me to recent benchmarks of the pathscale and
icc compiler vs. gcc ?

Thanks in advance,

toon