[Beowulf] tcp error: Need ideas!

Nifty Tom Mitchell niftyompi at niftyegg.com
Sun Jan 25 15:07:31 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 08:55:41AM -0600, Gerry Creager wrote:

> In other words, it's not the switch.  I tend to "think out loud" to
> expose all possible failure modes, a process I learned at NASA/Johnson
> when I worked on Space Station's Medical Operations.  In manned
> spaceflight, you have one exercise where you sit around and try to
> determine everything that could possibly go wrong, and how such a
> failure would manifest itself.  That tends to be useful in other
> operations, too.

In the spirit of anything could be wacked ....

Double check all the MAC addresss and all the ARP tables (inluding things
like /etc/ethers and HWADDR lines in ifcfg-* and DHCP setup files.

Also Zero Configuration Networking (Zeroconfig) networking....
and IPV6 could be exposing alternate logical paths for data
on the same switches and wires.

--
	Regards,
	T o m   M i t c h e l l