[Beowulf] Nehalem and Shanghai code performance for our rzf example

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 19 12:54:49 EST 2009

2009/1/19 David N. Lombard <dnlombar at ichips.intel.com>

> More info on Turbo Boot is here
>  <http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/>

Thanks for that.
"the processor frequency will dynamically increase by 133 MHz on short and
regular intervals until the upper limit is met"

Now where can we find those upper limits...

BTW, re the discussion on processor frequency scaling,
what finally did happen to  Emitter Coupled Logic and gallium arsenide?
As a cub high energy physicist, I devoted many hours to learning about ECL
and Fastbus - it was (still is) the fastest switching technology, therefore
the Fastbus standard was based around it. Ditched now I think for VMEbus
systems.
Sigh. Those big old crates were a reaql sight.

I wonder out loud if any exotic semiconductor plus ECL will be revived in
the future.