[Beowulf] glusterfs and openmpi/mpich problems

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Jan 8 13:25:55 EST 2009

We've been working with gluster of late, on our high throughput cluster
(126 nodes, gigabit connected).  We did some tweaking recently, and now,
my test code, an instance of WRF on 128 cores, just sorta dies.

More specifically, it takes 19 minutes to write the first 403MB file to
disk, while various tasks are mindlessly using CPU time, but only the
initial output file appears to get written.

Does anyone have any history with gluster who might be willing to offer
some help/hints?

Thanks, Gerry