[Beowulf] RE:small distro for PXE boot, autostarts sshd?

Greg Keller Greg at keller.net
Fri Feb 27 11:20:50 EST 2009

Have you ever considered Perceus (Caos has it baked in) from
infiscale?  It's the simplest answer I've found to this question and
scales very well.  You can use your favorite distro and tools and it
puts it wraps up the minimum required pieces to load the machine with
a "ram based root" that has symlinks back to an NFS server for any OS
files you don't want wasting ram.  Can run diskless or set it the
disks up for scratch/swap or whatever.

http://www.infiscale.com/

Cheers!
Greg