[Beowulf] small distro for PXE boot, autostarts sshd?

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Feb 27 05:28:30 EST 2009

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Tru Huynh wrote:

> I am using kickstart + CentOS-5 + %pre feature to download the
> required dropbear daemon + partprobe (parted/fdisk/sfdisk are
> included) + your nettee for a post kickstart cloning of a "gold"
> image.

I haven't seen kickstart being used this way so far... normally
kickstart is used to install the RPMs and any %post for configuring
it. So why do you do a clone in %post ? Wouldn't that overwrite the
content that you just installed ?

--
Bogdan Costescu

IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8850
E-mail: bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de