[Beowulf] Please help to setup Beowulf

Bill Rankin wrankin at duke.edu
Thu Feb 19 15:20:04 EST 2009

> The fact that I
> never met a serious PBS shop that had not made local custom changes to
> the source code also soured me on deploying it when I was putting such
> things into conservative IT shops who were still new and fearful of
> Linux.

One thing to note on Chris's review is that the PBS he is referring to
is effectively OpenPBS.  PBS Pro from Altair is a different product
entirely (forked from OpenPBS many years and feature sets ago).  One
important item is that PBS Pro support job arrays very nicely.

-bill

(full disclosure - yeah, I work for Altair.  Did you guess? ;) )