[Beowulf] Re: Problems scaling performance to more than one node, GbE

Mike Davis jmdavis1 at vcu.edu
Tue Feb 17 15:14:31 EST 2009

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Tiago Marques wrote:
>
>> I must ask, doesn't anybody on this list run like 16 cores on two
>> nodes well, for a code and job that completes like in a week?
For GROMACS do a google search on GROMACS parallel scaling. Switch setup
and utilization plays a major role in how the code scales.

Mike

--
Mike Davis			Technical Director
(804) 828-3885			Center for High Performance Computing

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."  George S. Patton