[Beowulf] bizarre scaling behavior on a Nehalem

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:14:29 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Craig Tierney<Craig.Tierney at noaa.gov> wrote:
> I read there are several different tools to manage the CPU frequency.
> If you are using Centos/Redhat try:
> cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors
> Does it list any?  If not, that might be why cpufreq-info can't
> find anything.

Thanks again Craig!

cat: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors:
No such file or directory

But I distinctly remember several "power performance " options being
listed in the BIOS. It is funny that the governors aren't listed. I am
not sure how I can fix this.

On my older AMD Barcelonas I am used to setting the governor to
"performance" and that way it then does not drop its frequency ever.