[Beowulf] newbie

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:27:06 EDT 2009

2009/4/30 Lux, James P <james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov>:
> Which means that the better compiler has economic value, which means that
> someone can afford to pay for that compiler (and save money overall), which
> means that a compiler vendor can afford to pay someone to care about
> optimization full time.

James, that is EXACTLY my point.
That is why I was speaking up in favour of commercial compilers - they
are worth the money, and the people working for the companies
producing them deserve to eat!

ps. to the original poster - you can download one-month duration
demonstration copies of Intel/Pathscale/Portland compilers if you want
to see how much they can improve Openfoam performance.