[Beowulf] Re: ECC Memory and Job Failures (Huw Lynes)

Douglas J. Trainor trainor at divination.biz
Fri Apr 24 22:23:11 EDT 2009

those veteran pilots in terms of hours logged at high altitude, you
start to see a particular kind of leukemia.  these are older pilots
and Concord is not a big concern because it flew for only 27 years and
the flights are shorter and there are more conventional planes.

there are also some counter-intuitive aspects, where light doses of a
particular type of radiation, say x-rays, does *not* reproduce the
higher level of DNA repair mechanisms with a heavier dose.

there are some recently reported accounts from astronauts having seen
amazing lights.  the lights occurred regardless of whether the
spacecraft windows were open or not, from the Van Allen radiation
belts they said in the story.  however, i thought the belts started at
200 km.  anyway, windows closed or eyes closed, they got the light show.

every now and then, they velcro a politician to the walls from the
nausea.

	douglas