[Beowulf] Re: ECC Memory and Job Failures (Huw Lynes)

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 27 11:08:53 EDT 2009

2009/4/27 Vincent Diepeveen <diep at xs4all.nl>:

> Would this measurement prove that ionising particles, which cause of course
> cancer, sometimes travel further away from
> these cables?

It probably shows that an oscillating 50Hz magnetic field travels
further away from these cables.

As I remember, there is a case on record of someone in the UK living
under a high tension line - he had an enormous transformer coil in his
attic, and was powering his house via the induced current. He was
successfully prosecuted for stealing electricity.