[Beowulf] Oracle buys Sun

Geoff Jacobs gdjacobs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 09:29:04 EDT 2009

Robert G. Brown wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Jeff Layton wrote:
>
>> - Will Skippy make it out of the cave alive?
>
> I'll put the question to Satchmo, our border collie.  He likes to play
> "Timmy's in the well" with us -- insisting on going out, then scratching
> to come in, but then {\em not} coming in, looking up at us expectantly
> to see if he can get us to follow him.  Timmy's in the well, guys, come
> on...
>
>    rgb

A collie? I'm thinking he's wondering where the sheep are. You should
think about buying some chickens for him to herd.

I think Lustre will be ok. Oracle does have OCFS, but I've never used it
and nobody has mentioned it, so it might still be in gestation. Sun has
some interesting assets in virtualization. I want to see where Oracle
goes with that.

--
Geoffrey D. Jacobs