[Beowulf] Oracle buys Sun

Jeff Layton laytonjb at att.net
Mon Apr 20 09:19:30 EDT 2009

Tim Cutts wrote:
> On 20 Apr 2009, at 12:42 pm, Chris Dagdigian wrote:
>> It's official:
>> http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/oracle/index.jsp
>
> So, what's going to happen to Lustre now, I wonder?
>
> Tim

I think this is a very interesting question. Some corollary questions
are,

- What is going to happen with ZFS? (Oracle is funding btrfs)
- What is going to happen with Solaris? (I've heard that Oracle
   does it's primary development on Linux).
- What's going to happen with Oracle Linux?
- Will Skippy make it out of the cave alive?

Jeff