[Beowulf] Anyone having IPMI problems on Intel S3200 series motherboards?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Apr 20 05:59:21 EDT 2009

----- "Perry E. Metzger" <perry at piermont.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, every once in a while, the IPMI BMCs
> on my test systems simply stop talking to the network.

We had the situation where the standard CentOS 5.x
kernel would kill the IPMI adapter on our SuperMicro
cluster until we pulled the power and booted into a
mainline kernel.  Made installing nodes via kickstart
a little interesting.

Fortunately this seems to have been fixed with newer
IPMI code from SuperMicro.