[Beowulf] Beowulf Storage Node

Залетнев Дмитрий dzaletnev at yandex.ru
Fri Apr 10 21:37:42 EDT 2009

I have a motherboard with 4x SATAII-ports and without RAID. If I'll connect to these ports 4 identical
SATAII 250 GB 7200 rpm HDDs and install Linux, is it possible to have software RAID 0 using Linux?
Will such a Storage Node (E8400, 2x 1 GB DDR2 PC6400 RAM, iG33 integrated video) be comparable in
performance with the same computer as a Storage Node, but with PCI-Ex8 3WARE 512 MB SAS RAID 0
controller installed with 2x 147 GB 15000 rpm HDDs? There will be 2x PCI-Ex1 GLAN NICs.

Dmitry Zaletnev