[Beowulf] Repeated Dell SC1435 crash / hang. How to get the vendor to resolve the issue when 20% of the servers fail in first year?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 7 17:16:15 EDT 2009

I shall be darned to heck for saying this one, but hey ho.
I have a memory which will stay with me, or reading a press release by
a Tier 1 reseller, as to how they had just constructed the fastest
computer in XXX. At the same time I was staring at racks of shiny new
servers, with nary an operating system nor a network switch in sight.

No names, no pack drill.