[Beowulf] Rackable / SGI

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 21:55:49 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Robert G. Brown <rgb at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
>> Could SGE find a home outside of Sun?
>
> You mean a Linux/BSD home where somebody put a knife through the heart
> of aimk so it could die die die?

It's not that difficult to eliminate aimk in SGE.

aimk just sets a set of variables (CFLAGS, CC, include path, etc) for
make, so the whole build process is still Makefile based.

Switching from aimk to something more "modern", like using autoconf,
would take at most 2 or 3 weeks of work. I am sure a Summer of Code
student can handle the task easily... But on the other hand, why fix
something that isn’t broken??

Rayson