[Beowulf] Rackable / SGI

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun Apr 5 19:38:54 EDT 2009

Tim Cutts wrote:

> But you know what really gets me is that so many companies we've dealt
> with don't officially support Debian or Ubuntu, but when you talk to

You might be talking to the wrong companies.  Seriously ...

We support Ubuntu.  We'll support Debian with updated kernels/apps (had
a long discussion with a customer a year ago ... they had an *ancient*
Debian kernel, coupled closely with an *ancient* mysql, were
encountering problems, that were in the relevant bug trackers as being
fixed for several releases now ... and still wanted us to help them
develop workarounds).

> their engineers, you discover that they do their actual development on
> it, and port to RHAS/SLES afterwards.

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics LLC,