[Beowulf] Rackable / SGI

Jon Forrest jlforrest at berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 3 12:38:07 EDT 2009

John Hearns wrote:

> Taking up my contrary position of today, lets ask what would happen if
> there was NO vendor input - specifically to the Linux kernel.

> I know I am not answering like with like, as you ask about SGE, but I
> hope my point is clear.

It is. I should have been clearer. I wasn't talking about vendors
supporting the Linux kernel. I was talking about independent
software projects. One such example is Eclipse. It once was
totally IBM and now it's independent. And there are the various
projects run by the Apache Foundation.

Could SGE find a home outside of Sun?

--
Jon Forrest