[Beowulf] Rackable / SGI

Jan Heichler jan.heichler at gmx.net
Fri Apr 3 04:44:32 EDT 2009

Hallo John,

Freitag, 3. April 2009, meintest Du:

JH> 2009/4/3 Mike Davis <jmdavis1 at vcu.edu>:
>> > My experience is the polar opposite. SGI quotes took forever. And that
>> situation goes back to the mid 90's. I can usually have a Sun quote in
>> hours.

JH> This should not turn into a slanging match, but I'll back Stuart up.
JH> SGI can ands have responded in a very timely fashion.

Quotes are done by People...not companies. So maybe that is the difference here? ;-)

On the other hand: most SalesReps are selling printers, screens, PCs...and sometimes a cluster. So the knowledge in that area is limited. SGI is not selling all the stuff besides servers/storage/clusters and that makes a SalesRep automatically better in quoting the stuff you are asking for...

Jan