[Beowulf] Rackable / SGI

Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:34:26 EDT 2009

> I did mention the point that the shared-memory machines aren't
> selling. If you're missing them, you're in a rather elite and small
> group ;-)

In 2019 when Intel releases their 1024core chip, still at 2.5GHz with
256GB dimm memory, a lot of people will be surprised that linux works
and has done so at that size since the start of the century.  A lot of
people will, in some way, be greatful that SGI pushed linux so far.

I, personally, think that Rackable and SGI will be a strong worldwide
company and I look forward to being able to purchase from them.