[Beowulf] query on vbuf_lock in mvapich2

gossips J polk678 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 02:10:05 EDT 2009

We have one query on vbuf_lock in mvapich2

Here for uDAPL code (located inside src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/udapl)
do not maintain any protection like “vbuf_lock” where as similar code for IB
(located in src/mpid/ch3/channels/mrail/src/gen2) we have used vbuf_lock
protection.

Does any one know against what in Gen2 we are trying to protect
free_vbuf_head ?

Why do not we need such protection in udapl code?

Thanks,

Polk