[Beowulf] SGI and Sun: In Memoriam

Geoff Galitz geoff at galitz.org
Thu Apr 2 05:11:27 EDT 2009

>  Also it's not like big discounts don't exist in the corporate world.
>  Back when I worked for $multinational our group rates with Dell were
>  astonishingly cheap.

There was one university I worked for that Dell sold a medium-sized (approx
100 nodes) cluster complete with  myrinet networking for a loss just to get
the bragging rights (for promotional purposes, of course).

They even came and installed the hardware and the administrative software,
but left the operational software to us.

Geoff Galitz
Blankenheim NRW, Germany