[Beowulf] Stroustrup regarding multicore

Eric Thibodeau kyron at neuralbs.com
Wed Sep 3 13:06:19 EDT 2008

Eric Thibodeau wrote:
> Prentice Bisbal wrote:
>> This discussion is still completely off-topic. This is a list about
>> computing issues relating to beowulf clusters, not software engineering
>> at large, sociology or psychology.
> Well, it seems the Beowulf mailing list is more vivid on those issues,
> my recent posts _were_ about HPC technicality and my Google Summer of
> Code project, the Gentoo Beowulf Clusering  LiveCD and both got
> completely ignored (well...almost)
> Eric
Hehe, I pulled an RGB and CTRL-ENTERed too quickly... I forgot to
mention that, nonetheless, I do enjoy reading these sometimes
solilloquyish responses and, as a "student being sucked dry by getting
him to do all the HPC clustering stuff" for the department, I find many
of the comments pertinent and, at the very least, encouraging in the
"hey, I'm not alone" sense of it.