[Beowulf] Stroustrup regarding multicore

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Wed Sep 3 10:14:43 EDT 2008

"Robert G. Brown" <rgb at phy.duke.edu> writes:
> I was also getting a bit tired of the thread as this particular
> thesis (that scientists make poor computer programmer and/or must
> hire programmers in order to do good science using computers)

You totally got my point wrong. I said exactly the opposite. I believe
that scientists must spend enough time to become good computer
programmers -- they must neither leave the task to others nor can they
underestimate the amount of difficulty involved in the software.

How it is possible that people managed to read that much and hear
exactly the inverse of my central thesis, I don't understand at
all. Perhaps everyone just hears what they want to.

Perry