[Beowulf] ethernet bonding performance comparison "802.3ad" vs Adaptive Load Balancing

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 20:51:01 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 7:23 PM, Eric Thibodeau <kyron at neuralbs.com> wrote:
> Rahul Nabar wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Eric Thibodeau <kyron at neuralbs.com> wrote:
> Well, I don't have "bondable" hardware so I'm really interested in how you
> technically manage this one at the end.

The more I do this, the more I get this uneasy feeling that this
hasn't been done much before? :) Not too many guides that bond for
bandwidth-aggregation. None at all for strict peer-to-peer
bandwidth-aggregation. Am I trying to do the impossible?

Most people seem to use bonding for fault tolerance or a one-to-many
communication pipe.I really need more anecdotes and comments from
other guys who successfully use bonding.