[Beowulf] Re: PowerEdge SC 1435: Unexplained Crashes.

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Tue Oct 14 14:25:25 EDT 2008

John Hearns wrote:

> Do you not get a fault code on the little screen beside the light?

Raul,

Look on the front of your system, there should be numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4
next to the power switch. If you get an error, some of these will light
up to produce an error code. you can give that error code to support to
help narrow down the source of the problem. I don't think the meaning of
the codes are documented anywhere public.

For example, if you have 1, 3 and 4 light up, that is error code 134,
which means "something connected to the motherboard is malfunctioning".
In my case, that turned out to be one of the processors.

--
Prentice