[Beowulf] Compute Node OS on Local Disk vs. Ram Disk

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:15:31 EDT 2008

> Damn Small (DSL) is, Puppy is not. I believe Puppy is it's own beast.
>
> The FAQ on the site says its a Slackware derivative, if I'm not wrong.
What goes around comes around I guess :-)  Maybe those kipper ties from the
70s will be back too.

Actually, and here I toss in a handgrenade, if we are considering a Damn
Small Puppy  PXE bootable  Linux in RAM, what difference does the distro
make, so long as the GLIBC/maths libraries/MPI libraries  are the
appropriate ones.
I guess that statement goes for any Linux install really.